Any excuse for a parade. That was life in Black Diamond in the early 1900's.
Photo courtesy Black Diamond Historical Society, circa 1925
The above photo of the 4th of July parade in 1925 illustrates how "all out" people in town went with floats, decorated vehicles and wearing their Sunday best to celebrate.
We have to wait for Labor Day for a street parade these days but don't forget our two big events this week.
Lake Sawyer 4th of July - Nothing beats 4th of July festivities at Lake Sawyer sponsored by the Lake Sawyer Community Club. There is something for everyone for residents and non-residents alike.
- Fishing Derby 5 am to 5 pm
- Waterski & Wakeboard event beginning at 8 am
- Volleyball Tournament at 11:30 am
- House Decoration judging 3 pm to 4 pm
- Canoe, Paddleboat, Kayak SUP Race at 3:30 pm
- Boat Parade beginning at 5:00 pm
- Fireworks Show 10:15 pm One of the best shows around!
Here's a photo of fireworks from last year.
Miners Day Saturday July 8. Fun for all and a great opportunity to celebrate our Black Diamond heritage.
The Black Diamond Miners Day Classic 5K run kicks off events with registration open at 7:30 am followed from 10 - 4 with a wide array of fun events on Railroad Ave. in old town Black Diamond. Hope to see you there.